In Parkland School Division, all members of our school community are expected to promote and demonstrate respect, civility and responsible citizenship.
With these goals in mind, everyone must:
- Demonstrate honesty and integrity.
- Respect differences in people, their ideas and their opinions.
- Acknowledge the right of everyone to be treated with dignity, at all times.
- Take appropriate measures to help those in need.
- Use non-violent means to resolve conflict.
- Honour the role(s) of persons in positions of authority.
- Show care and regard for school property and the property of others.
- Comply with all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws.
We are all models for the kinds of citizens we desire to be. We teach and learn by example.
- Only one student can leave the classroom at a time. Students must use closest bathroom to their classroom.
- ADCS is peanut free. Please use scent free products.
- In the event that counselling or mediation is recommended, a brief outline of the incident will be forwarded to the Family Wellness Worker or Helping Hands. These supports will assist in setting up families with the correct assistance.
- Smoking - Smoking in undesignated area or without parental permission
- Rough Play - Play fighting, pushing and shoving excessively, or aggressive behaviour that prevents others from enjoying school.
- Academic Dishonesty - Cheating, submitting the work of others as one’s own, or purposely giving wrong answers to questions.
- Disrespectful - Talking back to staff or making gestures.
- Inappropriate Dress - Dress attire should be appropriate for school, should not be revealing, should not have inappropriate or offensive words, or apparel that is associated with known gangs.
- Verbal Abuse - Calling names which is hurting to others.
- Unacceptable - Talking back to staff in a belligerent way.
- Language - Foul language including swearing or calling parent(s) down.
- Excessive Talking - Students speaking when asked by teacher to stop.
- Defiant - Students not listening to teachers.
- Disruptive/Uncooperative - Undue interruption of classroom instruction, deliberate interference of teaching or the learning process of others.
- Skipping/Tardiness - Not attending class all through the day, consistently being late for class, or leaving school grounds.
- Littering - Littering in hallways or school grounds.
- Electronics - Inappropriate use of electronics games, music devices, cell phones, etc.
- Fighting - Assault with intent to hurt or injure a person.
- Bullying - Using intimidation, threatening, and aggressive behaviour towards students or staff members.
- Drugs/Alcohol - In possession of or under the influence of either.
- Swearing at Staff - Using the “f” word (includes using acronyms i.e., F-off).
- Insubordination - Defying staff or school rules.
- Absenteeism - Excessively missing school or class.
- Stealing - Stealing from others or the school.
- Vandalism - To school property, staff property, students’ property of graffiti.
- Weapons - Guns, knives, toy guns with intent to threaten, or homemade weapons intended to injure others.
- Gang Activity - Visible gang colours, sign language, paraphernalia, or recruiting.